ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support and guide product engineering and associated functions with expertise in material science, such as: failure analysis, wear, coatings, heat treatment and deposits and corrosion.
* Develop specific expertise and experience in the field of material science and/or tribology.
* Define, prioritise and perform and/or oversee test activities, analysis and measurement as required to meet core team and project objectives, (cost, quality and timing).
* Prepare reports, presentations and technical documentation with a clear analysis and summary for decision making for internal and customer use.
* Carry out calibration and basic fault diagnosis within the limits of training on equipment used including liaising with suppliers/manufacturers.
* Develop strong technical relationships with product or manufacturing engineering teams, customers and key suppliers and escalate risks and issues to core team members and management in a timely manner
* Apply defined engineering standards procedures and methodologies to execute project activities
* Write work instructions, materials specifications and test methods using company standard forms or on-site developed processes
* Support supplier technical audits and approve/develop materials/processes with suppliers, when required.
* To liaise with suppliers/manufacturing plant for sample orders
* Ensuring safe working in laboratory environment.
* Develop, support and follow local and corporate procedures such as compliance with IAFT
* Coach and train engineers and junior staff members