Are you looking for rewarding, postive role supporting student within a higher education setting? A job that is flexible and part-time work to fit around your other commitments? If so, we may have a role that should be of interest to you
Randstad Student & Worker Support are recruiting a Specialist One to One Study Skills Support Tutor to work with Students at the Universit of Reading. Support will be delivered as a blend of face to face and remote, and your working schedule will be up to you.
We have students with disabilities who are requiring one to one support with their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference to their university experience
Tutors provide one to one assistance to students and work with an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). They encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their skills. Specialist support tutors are facilitators, not advocates or mentors. They provide expertise in the area of language and comprehension to help students to develop learning strategies to improve their studies.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £28 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits/ holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands and guaranteed to be allocated students
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
- Assingment Checking
- Referencing Support
- Breaking down and understanding
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
Requirements - This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills. You must hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
If you are not currently a member this may be something you can obtain with the revelvant qualification such as a level 5 SpLD course.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education... we want to talk to you.
With you on board we can really help your students have a better future.
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone