Design & Development Engineer - Polymers
Monday to Thursday 8:30am-5pm (3:45pm finish on a Friday)
Up to £30,500 + Excellent benefits package
Benefits include: 9% Pension, 26 days annual leave (plus stats), Death in Service Benefit (3 x Salary), Childcare Vouchers, Physio, Workwear provided, etc
Our client is a process manufacturing organisation based in Lancashire and they are seeking an experienced Design & Development Engineer to add to their team and assist in new product design and development.
The company are a multimillion-pound business with a global customer base and well established, having operated from this site for over a century and many of their staff have remained with the company for 20+ years speaking volumes about the company and how the look after their staff!
This role will encompass all aspects of concept, design and development work associated with delivering products into production - from initial idea to finished product - and supporting the products throughout their life. Please note, there is no 2D/3D CAD used in this role for designing the products.
You will be a natural problem solver, have great communication skills and the confidence and ability to manage engineering projects through to completion. This role will work closely with other departments in the business (Quality, Manufacturing, Sales, etc) and external parties, such as customers and suppliers.
* Develop products in line with customer requirements/orders
* Interpret customer requirements; providing timely technical responses to customer enquiries and offering technical support to sales and customer services when required.
* Work to technical and regulatory standards.
* Take ownership of producing Bills of Material.
* Help develop product quality/ control plans including defining test requirements.
* Work in support of material selection and testing.
* Create and maintain technical documentation used to promote the product range.
* Liaise with suppliers on materials and work in support of cost reduction targets.
* Ideally be Degree qualified or equivalent.
* Have some Electro-mechanical design experience working to British / International standards.
* Have experience working with Polymers / Chemical Processing / Moulding / Extrusion.
* Ideally have experience in a regulated industry such as Automotive or Aerospace.
* Ideally have experience of design within a continuous process manufacturing industry.
* Ideally have experience of electro-mechanical component testing, along with knowledge of component testing and knowledge of ERP systems.
In Return - the company can offer you:
* A salary of £30,500
* An excellent pension where the company will double the employee's contribution (9% total)
* 26 days holiday (plus statutory / bank holidays!)
* Death in Service Benefit, Childcare Vouchers, Annual Personal Development Reviews, Physio, etc
* Excellent training & development, plus opportunities for career progression and further education.
This role really is a great opportunity to join a very successful, reputable and renowned manufacturing company. This is an urgent requirement, interviews will be arranged over the next week. To apply, please send your CV and salary expectations in application, or call Mark on (phone number removed) for more info