IT Technician required by one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. Our client is a leading edge provider of services to the Education industry and have over 50 different academies and over 100 IT professionals and continue to grow. The company have strong links with the local communities and have very much a family feel. This is an exciting to join the company, as they have invested over 3 million pounds into their IT infrastructure with the latest Cisco and Microsoft technology.
In addition, our client will pay for all certifications for candidates to complete, resulting in up to a £3000 salary increase. These certifications can be started from day 1 of starting with our client. Certifications range from ITIL Foundation to Apple Basic and Apple Advanced and Networking.
The IT Technician will be require to have the following:
Key Skills & Experience
* 1-2 years of solid commercial IT support and infrastructure experience. Equally, the client is happy to hire an individual who has a qualification in a technical discipline ranging from an A 'level or BTEC or GNVQ right through to someone who has a degree. Candidates who are school leavers, for example just finished their A 'levels and are now looking to get their first role in IT support will also be considered.
* Experienced candidates with 1-2 years of experience are required to have solid skills in the following areas:
-1st line support
-windows desktop support. Windows 7 and Windows 10
-basic windows server skills in active directory, DNS, DHCP
-any IT qualifications will be a bonus such as MCDST or MCP etc. but not essential
* Excellent customer service skills including dealing with different types of customers - from junior staff right through to National Managers etc. Good face to face skills are required, as well as being able to deal with customers over the phone, by e-mail and remotely.
* A driving licence and car is essential for this role. You will be based primarily at one site, but travel is required between different sites. All expenses can be claimed back on mileage.
25 days per year + Bank Holidays (8) rising to 30 days after 5 years + BH on top
* Pension Scheme with a Local Government Provider
* Our client offer an allowance programme. This means courses can be undertaken from day one and our client provide the funding. Once qualified, it will lead to further career progression and an increase in salary by up to £3000
* An opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in a friendly environment
How do you like the sound of this role? Are you ready to take the next great job in your career - Simply apply for this role - and we will respond to your application within 24 hours