Dental Laboratory TechnicanOverview
This is an award-winning company specialising in dental implants, general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry in Cardiff. They aim to provide patients with the best possible dental experience, this includes a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and cutting-edge cosmetic treatments.The Role
Based in the dental laboratory you'll be responsible for helping to improve teeth and for replacing lost teeth. You'll improve teeth for aesthetic reasons, and work to the prescription of a dentist to make bridges, crowns, dentures, braces and other orthodontic devices.Main duties
- Undertake all aspects of prosthetic work including making bites and special trays, casting, mouth guards and retainers
- construct partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal) to replace the partial or total loss of teeth
- create accurate models from doctors' impressions
- fabricate porcelain veneers for crowns, prostheses, implant restorations and crowns using ceramo-metal techniques
- construct models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient's mouth taken by the dentist
- make diagnostic wax-ups, Smile Design cases, dental composite work and pressable/e.max restorations
- restore natural teeth by fabricating crowns and bridges and applying them to complex implant units and implant-borne restorations
- correct dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances, such as dentures, casings to go over teeth and retainers
- replace missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease or developmental abnormality by fabricating maxillofacial prostheses
- use traditional methods and CAD/CAM for designing dental devices
- maintain dental laboratory records and prepare reports on laboratory activities
- update your dental laboratory technician job knowledge and skills by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organisations.
Salary and Benefits
- Previous experience in the dental sector is ideal.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Manual dexterity and design skills and knowledge
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to work under pressure of time constraints
- The ability to work well with others and be super organised
- 25 days holidays allowance + bank holidays
- 1/2-day off for your birthday each year.
- Annual Pension contribution
- Free parking provided
- CPD Support
- General Dental Council Retention fees paid
- Free uniform
Full-time, permanent.Location -
Cardiff, free parkingClosing Date
- This is an urgent requirement, please apply as soon as possible.