I am currently recruiting for a Media Relations Officer to work on behalf of my client, a leading public sector organisation based in Sheffield (part remote working is available)Your role will be to provide a high quality media and public relations service for the organisation.
Duties will include:
- To work with the designated manager and colleagues to prepare, implement, monitor and review communications plans and activities for key priorities.
- To gain positive media coverage for key priorities and services by developing and preparing media releases, photo opportunities, features, and media briefs
- To manage reactive media enquiries on behalf of the organisation, working to ensure that the media presents a fair, even and balanced view of the organisation, and taking steps to protect and secure the reputation.
- To provide a level of in depth knowledge, support and advice for a designated portfolio on media issues, including providing advice to lead Elected Members, Executive Directors, Directors and Heads of Service
- With the Media Relations Supervisor and Head of Communications, to develop and maintain good working relationships with the key journalists and reporters covering the organisation.
- To work with the Media Relations Supervisor to develop and implement media strategies for high profile or sensitive issues.
- To work with the Account Manager and Communications Officers to ensure that media/public relations issues are built into campaigns planning, and to work closely with Communications Officers during the implementation of those campaigns
- To work to ensure that the Communications Strategy and the service's overall business plan are delivered.
- To participate in the media gateway rota, and the out of hours media enquiries rota
- To monitor and report on social media (including Twitter, Facebook etc.) as required
- To work closely with colleagues to develop the organisations web, intranet sites and other online assets as key communication/business channels
If you have the skills, enthusiasm and outlook then please apply today for the chance of an immediate interview!An attractive rate of £16.74 is on offer (PAYE) and the hours are full time, 37 per week.
What Reed can offer you as a temporary employee.
- A dedicated consultant who will act as your key point of contact during and between any bookings
- Secure & online time sheet system which is quick and easy to use
- A self-service portal to access holiday requests/ Payslips/ P45 at your own leisure
- A dedicated payroll team
- Access to free training
- Access to discount club/ healthcare/ reed rewards
- Pension /paid holiday scheme/ maternity benefits
- Contacts for other Reed consultants and divisions
- Opportunities to work with some of the UKs leading employers including local authorities, NHS and local SME's