As an Oracle Systems Specialist you will be part of MHR's high performing Cloud Services Team. Providing technical expertise across an extensive estate, consisting of Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell and other technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly skilled team, bringing the benefit of your knowledge and experience to a new challenge, providing HR and Payroll services to nearly 2 million UK employees, through hosting MHR's flagship iTrent Software.
MHR are an IT managed service provider. MHR own and operate private datacentres in the UK supplying IT services to more than 750 organisations. The opportunity to join and develop within the IT division of MHR is not one widely available in most businesses as they move to cloud computing.Want to be part of something incredible? #OneMHRRole Responsibilities
What we are looking for
- Provide application and database administration within the Oracle Systems Team across Solaris and Oracle Database platforms.
- Manage and maintain applications, operating systems and all associated hardware and software, adhering to existing policies and procedures operating within the MHR datacentres.
- Undertake operational tasks and improvements.
- Perform performance monitoring across the MHR Oracle estate.
- Provide support and Assist as required with resolution of customer support cases.
- Assist in Mentoring Junior team members.
- Partake in the on-call rota (currently 1 week in 4) and some weekend work on pre-defined weekends throughout the year.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Solaris 11.3 & 11.4 system administration and support
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Database 12c / 19c administration
- Great customer service skills
- A proven track record in operational IT delivery and support.
- A positive approach to Problem Solving
- Good Time management, prioritisation & organisational skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Someone who is eager to learn and develop,
- Someone that has a can-do attitude, displaying a positive attitude to challenges.
- We contribute to a full company pension scheme to help you plan for your future.
- We offer life assurance (x4 salary, with option to increase up to x8 salary).
- An employee assistance programme is included.
- Our sites all come with a subsidised restaurant and cafe on-site, with delicious new meals on offer from our chefs each day.
- We offer Vodafone discounts, making it cheaper and easier to catch up with your favourite people.
- Personal development plays a big part in helping our people to reach their potential, therefore we offer over 60 internal training courses and support our people with external qualifications.
- What makes MHR a great place to work, isn't novelties or gimmicky job titles, it's our down to earth approach working with people who want to do a job they're proud of.
- We invest for the long term, providing fantastic careers for our people and the best software and services to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
- With over 35 years' experience in the industry, our ethos has been to keep investing and moving forward with the changing world of work, and we can only do that by supporting our people. We've invested £20 million in a huge building expansion project to provide the best environment for our people, to give them the space they need to excel and grow. And by investing 20% of our turnover into our own research and development, our people shape the future of our products and services to support changing requirements on both a local and global scale.
Be part of something special, become part of the MHR family.
- We're flexible, we embrace change and as we're still owned by the original founders. We're incredibly proud of what we we've built, evolving from a small business into one of the biggest and best in the industry.