Are you seeking a new Part time Payroll position?
Our thriving client is currently seeking a Payroller to join their busy accounts team on a temporary to permanent opportunity.
Working as the sole payroller for the business you will have full ownership of the payroll for 320 employees. Due to the industry of this client, the payroll is split into monthly and 4 weekly, the latter involving both part time and full time employees.
This role is part time
, working Monday to Friday - 20 to 25 hours a week. My client is flexible on how the hours can be worked and have suggested initially longer hours to ensure you are comfortable with the system.
Duties for this role are:
- Responsible for all Payroll processes, delivering accurate information and incorporating changes.
- Remitting payroll taxes and government reporting - monthly, quarterly and at year end.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, establishing and implementing policies to reflect legislation.
- Managing employee data to ensure accurate and timely delivery of the payroll and reports to the Inland Revenue.
- Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently.
- Efficient use of electronic processes to record and deliver accurate payroll.
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information.
- Delivering pay and payslips on time.
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and non-taxable wages and reporting this.
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee income, tax and compensation payments.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies
- Providing individual and company data to the Inland Revenue monthly and annually.
- Maintaining payroll operations by following legislation, policies and procedures
- Adhering to pension regulations and reporting on active members
- Developing financial and operational reports as needed.
- Coordinating with HR to ensure information accurately reflects changes, updates of all staff including starter and leavers.
The ideal candidate will be available to start by the end of July and have experience working as either a standalone Payroller, or within a busy payroll position of at least 200 employees.
This role will be office based, however does offer onsite parking.