Salary range £20k - £22k dependent on experience / qualification
Leeman Road, York
37.5 hours a week 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
We offer a range of services including daily rental and contract hire but specialise in short term leases.
We now have an opportunity for a finance assistant to join our finance team. You will be an organised candidate who excels in a busy environment. You will be an effective communicator and work well in a team as well as on your own, using initiative at all times. You will have experience of hitting deadlines and understand what is required of working in a busy, diverse finance environment.Responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring that documentation for refunds, changeovers and off hires are completed daily.
- Allocation of bank receipts on Sage.
- Reviewing documentation for final approval before cars can be delivered to customers.
- Assist in processing Direct Debits and sundry payment files daily.
- Processing DVLA cheque refunds on SAGE and reconciling them on the fleet management software
- Control of Petty Cash including reimbursing employees, maintaining the float and reconciling
- Sales ledger support
- Purchase ledger support
- Importing and reconciling invoices from third party software into SAGE
- Ad hoc assistance where needed throughout the department in line with needs of the business (general administration task and functions relating to the sales and purchase ledger)
- Previous experience in a finance department
- A knowledge of the direct debit process would be desirable.
- Excellent communicator
- Competent with sage (or similar accounting software) and Microsoft products (word/excel/outlook).
- Actively prioritise workload in line with department and business needs, meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy, applying controls.
- Resilience to handle difficult situations.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Problem solver and fixer.
- Team player.
Interested? Please send your cv by return.