An Operational Risk Manager is required by a leading, fast-growing Crypto firm to assist the Head of Risk with building out and implementing the firm's risk management frameworks and developing a genuine risk culture across the business. This role can be fully remote (anywhere in the UK) and you're free to travel into the client's London Head Office as little or often as you wish. This role is being handled exclusively by Willow Resourcing.
This is a newly created role that will involve
- Building & managing strong relationships with internal stakeholders in Operations, Product, Accounting, etc.
- Developing and embedding the Operational Risk Framework
- Leading and assisting with trend identification & analysis including root cause analysis
- Working closely with Financial Operations to support the assessment of risks and project delivery
- Working closely with the Internal Controls Manager to design and implement a suitably robust internal control framework
- Providing subject matter expert advice to the business relating to Operational Risk
You will be an experienced Operational Risk specialist with a proven track record of designing and implementing operational risk frameworks, policies and procedures within a Financial Services environment. Previous experience working with a FinTech would be advantageous but is not essential. You will ideally be a self-starter who is keen to take the initiative, is flexible, genuinely excited about the Crypto industry and with a desire to build and develop processes, systems, frameworks, etc. Strong understanding of designing and implementing Internal Controls is also desirable.