Our client, based in Shropshire,
is currently recruiting for a Head of Finance on a permanent contract
. Our client is a high performing organisation that has consistently delivered year on year improvement in both performance and satisfaction measures.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time
basis. The salary banding ranges from £52,807 - £55,787
, dependent upon experience.
The ideal candidate will hold a professional accountancy qualification
and have extensive experience of working at a senior management level in a non-for-profit organisation.Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Lead the development of financial plans and strategies for service areas
- Monitor performance and propose remedial action as required in line with the organisations financial strategy
- Provide professional accountancy advice to the Board and the Director of Finance to allow effective management of budgets (£8 million +)
- Lead on a range of projects and build relations with both internal and external partners
- Undertake a strategic approach to understanding customer needs and provide them with an operational service they value
- Negotiate with and influence all contracted service providers to ensure that for value for money
- Aid in the advancement of commercial services for the organisation with the intention to sell those services to external client
- Responsibility to prepare the company's annual financial statements and ensure that these meet statutory deadlines
- Dealing with external auditors and create high quality working papers in preparation for the audit
- Maintain awareness and understanding of financial reporting standards that may apply and ensure compliance where appropriate
- Providing financial advice & support to internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of key financial processes including budget development, budgetary control, closure of accounts and medium term financial planning
- Experience of effective business planning and budget preparation to achieve strategic business objectives
- Hybrid working policy
- Access to local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
- 35 hours per week
- Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Don't forget our recommendation scheme:
Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details