Are you an experienced Administrator
with experience in PA responsibilities?
Do you have previous experience having worked within an Education setting?
Reed Education are supporting a Secondary Academy in Oxford who are looking to appoint a PA to Head and Senior Leadership Team
from September 2021 on a Permanent basis. This is a Term-time only position so you will be expected to work 39 weeks of the academic year in term time along with the 5 inset days. Offering a take home starting salary from £21,638(£24,982 FTE).
You will be an efficient, comprehensive and confidential support service to the Headteacher and will focus your work to meet the aims and ethos of the school. You will need to work sensitively and positively with staff, parents/carers, pupils and key stakeholders to carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Headteacher and Business Manager. You will be flexible your approach to meet sometimes short deadlines and priorities.
Some duties may include:
- Be responsible for confidential secretarial, administration and clerical duties relating to all aspects of Headteacher's work including management of diary, correspondence, records, exclusions and personnel files.
- Assist the Headteacher in developing school policies, routines, systems and operating procedures.
- Make appointments and set up meetings as required
- Maintain the Headteacher's diary and the school diary
- Open correspondence addressed to the Headteacher and take appropriate action
- Prioritise correspondence and communications on the Headteacher's behalf and follow-up on correspondence, telephone calls, emails, memos and enquiries
- Ensure the Headteacher is briefed for all meeting with relevant correspondence, documents/presentations and in the Head's, absence refer matters to relevant Senior Leadership Team members for action
- Take minutes of meetings as required and distribute to relevant parties
- Be responsible for all the Headteacher's administrative filing, including confidential staff files
- Manage hospitality for meetings and events/functions throughout the year
- Manage and appropriately deal with all incoming electronic communications to the school's general email and redirect to appropriate staff.
If this is a role that interests you, perhaps you have experience but looking for work/life balance or perhaps you are looking for that next step up from your current role, please click "Apply Now"
and we will be in touch to discuss everything in more detail. We look forward to hearing from you!