St Luke's Hospice Plymouth is an independent charity and winners of the Employer of the Year 2019 Plymouth Business Awards. We provide specialist care, advice and support to people with progressive life-limiting illnesses in Plymouth, Southwest Devon and East Cornwall.
This new post is a great opportunity for the right person to join us as we implement our challenging but exciting 5-year strategy, developing our services to meet the ever-increasing need for end-of-life care. You will be involved in further developing and implementing our clinical strategies and responsible for the operational leadership of the clinical services.
We are looking for a candidate that can bring enthusiasm and vision, to service improvements and developments, and help us to ensure that clinical services provided by St Lukes Hospice continue to be Outstanding.
The candidate will be an experienced people manager, who is able to empower and encourage staff to new ways of working whilst providing clinical expertise and guidance where required.
St Lukes Hospice is moving to a more blended approach of remote and office-based working for all staff able to carry out their duties this way. There will be an expectation that this role will primarily work onsite, however some activities may be carried out remotely.
This role will provide a great opportunity for career development for the right candidate.Key Job ResponsibilitiesDuties and responsibilities:
Service and Strategy Development and Implementation
- To Deputise for the Director of Clinical Services
- To ensure clinical teams deliver effective patient care.
- To provide leadership, guidance and support to clinical teams ensuring best practice at all times.
- Review and establish new trends and introduce and embed innovation and excellence into clinical practice.
- Be responsible for reviewing and updating Clinical Policies and SOPs
- Attend and Chair a number of clinical meetings
- Lead and manage change effectively.
- Offer expert clinical guidance, as necessary.
- Support and manage the clinical pathways to ensure safe patient journeys.
- Engage and support the patient experience.
- Manage a number of clinical staff and ensure career development and Appraisals are undertaken.
- Ensure robust clinical governance practices are in place and lessons learned.
- Comply with all CQC standards.
The Post Holder - you will have:
- To be instrumental in driving an excellent patient experience with continuous improvement of the quality of our clinical services.
- Be accountable for the overall operational management of clinical services.
- Contribute towards the strategic leadership of the clinical teams, whilst engaging and influencing both clinical and operational staff in a collaborative way
- Support the Director of Clinical Services to develop and implement the clinical strategy along with service change and developments.
- Continually developing relationships with all our external stakeholders in order to promote collaborative working.
What you will receive:
- Relevant clinical operational management experience.
- The passion and commitment to put the patient at the heart of every discussion and decision.
- Proven ability to motivate and engage clinical teams to drive standards, in order to continually develop services.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop a strong culture of employee engagement.
- Proven budget management experience
- Attractive employment package
- Recognition of relevant previous service for annual leave/absence
- Continued contribution to NHS Pension if applicable.
- Be part of a forward-thinking organisation
- Membership to a cash back health plan
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and applications are encouraged and welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010.
You can also apply for this role via our St Lukes Hospice, Plymouth website.Closing date: 21st July 20211st Stage Interviews: 29th July 2021