iMultiply is exclusively engaged by this leading UK mutual life and investments organisation in their search for a Financial Accountant based in Glasgow. Both full, part and agile time working options are available to this role.The Company
This organisation is one of the largest of its kind in the UK, providing a range of investment and protection products and provides life and investment products and services to other financial organisations. Not only is this company highly successful at what they do, this company has an enviable culture of consideration for accommodating work and home life that is supported from the leadership down. Combined, this makes for a truly excellent place to continue your career, where you will be challenged and developed.The Role
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of the financial framework along with the efficient and accurate financial reporting for Scottish Friendly, it's subsidiaries and an OEIC. The role will involve working closely with the whole finance team and report directly to the Finance Manager.
Day-to-day you will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Development and maintenance of a strong financial and governance framework, ensuring a robust and transparent framework exists across the whole business
- Responsibility for ensuring accurate and efficient processing of all financial processes within the business, in particular premiums, claims, expenses
- Design, implementation and monitoring of the finance systems for new areas of the business
- Finance project representative as and when required
- Assistance in the monitoring and development of internal controls and risk management across the finance function
- Maintenance and accuracy of the accounting books and records for Scottish Friendly and its subsidiaries
- Assistance in the production of the Annual Report and Accounts of Scottish Friendly and the statutory accounts of its subsidiaries, liaising directly with the Auditors
- Liaising with Customer Services and relevant Reinsurers to reconcile reinsurance claims as well as ensuring appropriate cash transfers to/from the Reinsurer and maintaining the accuracy of the corresponding General ledger accounts.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent),
- Experience of expense management and experience working in a deadline driven environment with the ability to handle multiple workloads in tight timeframes,
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Prior experience in an accounting role within a financial services company would be advantageous,
- Knowledge and experience of reporting under current AEOI legislation would be advantageous,
- Knowledge of CASS rules and experience of operating CASS processes would be advantageous.
You will be:
- Highly analytical and able to quickly assimilate complex financial processes and associated transaction flows,
- A pro-active individual, able to communicate confidently at all levels to support liaison within accounts team, with other departments in head office and external parties,
- Someone with strong inter-personal skills and able to work well both within a team and on own initiative,
- Experienced at demonstrating excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and strong business acumen
This Financial Accountant role is offered on a full time or part time, permanent basis with a salary of £35,000 to £45,000 based on experience. The working model is mostly from home at the moment but regular attendance at the Central Glasgow office will be required later in the year. This employer is genuinely open to discussing an agile approach to work for the successful candidate. Further excellent benefits include but are not limited to:
- 10% pension contribution
- 33 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
For more information on this Financial Accountant position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.