Business AnalystFull time/Part timeSwindon/Newport/BillinghamClosing date: 15th August 2021Interviews: 24 August 2021 Purpose and Scope:
The Business Change Directorate supports and delivers the UK SBS Portfolio of Change, through the management of change and project lifecycles and portfolio management. The directorate also provides internal Business Analysis and Architecture services to the organisation. The Business Analyst Team streamlines the delivery of requirements and solutions to the various projects undertaken by UK SBS.
The purpose of the Business Analyst role is the capture and documentation of high level and detailed requirements from both a business perspective and a technical viewpoint, and the production of robust functional designs and business processes to support custom development and application upgrades. Key Responsibilities/Activities:
- Lead the requirements gathering process for projects including planning and organising the work, engaging with clients and users, analysing and documenting the requirements and presenting findings to stakeholders and governance forums
- Elicit requirements for custom development and enhancements using a variety of techniques including interviews, workshops, review and analysis of documentation and process descriptions, use cases, etc
- Document requirements and functional specifications with a high degree of accuracy, ensuring end to end integrity and coherence of the deliverables
- Produce Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Use Cases, Screen Designs and other artefacts as required
- Play a key role in feasibility studies including documentation and critical analysis of options from business, technical and commercial perspectives
- Communicate information at the right level to drive decisions and actions including abstracting low- level detail and/or drilling into detail as appropriate
- Perform gap analysis, business process mapping, & provide subject matter expertise
- Document business objectives, system requirements, & logical design
- Liaise between business units, project teams and support teams.
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive and the post-holder will be expected to be flexible and carry out similar duties (not specifically listed) as and when required to meet business needs.Qualifications/Experience/Skills/Knowledge:
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders, clients and colleagues
- Experience of working within a shared service environment
- Knowledge of a variety of Analysis Techniques
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on ERP projects with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work in a structured manner and in line with operating standards such as those associated with configuration management
- Ability to create and maintain fluent and accurate documentation to be interpreted cohesively by the relevant audience
- Ability to develop new skills quickly
- Pro-active and able to work without detailed supervision
- Strong analytical skills required, including the ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and in-depth knowledge of subject matter to be able to credibly influence stakeholders
- Experience in Business Analysis and of providing business, technical and commercial analysis for large scale ERP systems
- Excellent knowledge of business analysis techniques and tools, experience of working within an OUM or AIM project delivery environment
- Adopts and displays UK SBS core Values.
- Demonstrable ERP systems experience
- Creative and innovative approach, offering ideas for improving services and operations
- Experience in a Business Analyst position, working on projects with a strong focus on technical and Business Change development
- Experience of working as part of a team implementing large ERP systems
- Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- A mix of public and private sector experience
- Formal Business Analysis Qualification.
For more information about working at UK SBS and to apply, please click the apply button.
Only online applications will be accepted and should be submitted in the form of an up-to-date c.v. and covering letter (ensuring that the Job ID reference is included in the file name description of each document uploaded), which clearly outlines why you are applying for this post and how you meet the criteria described in this advertisement. Please note that applications submitted without a covering letter, or which fail to address these points, may not be considered further.
If you are unable to apply online or do not wish to create an account but would still like to apply for a specific role, please contact our Resourcing Team.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and Stonewall Diversity Champion.