iMultiply is exclusively engaged by this leading UK mutual life and investments organisation in their search for a Treasury Accountant based in Glasgow. Both full, part and agile time working options are available to this role.The Company
This organisation is one of the largest of its kind in the UK, providing a range of investment and protection products and provides life and investment products and services to other financial organisations. Not only is this company highly successful at what they do, this company has an enviable culture of consideration for accommodating work and home life that is supported from the leadership down. Combined, this makes for a truly excellent place to continue your career, where you will be challenged and developed.The Role
Recently experiencing a period of significant organic growth, there is a requirement for a Treasury Accountant to join the team. A very varied and busy role, the Treasury Accountant must demonstrate exceptional time management and adherence to deadlines. As well as this, they will be responsible for a small team of 4 and oversee the day to day running of the busy treasury function.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Managing all day-to-day activities of the Treasury function,
- Managing Treasury Assistant Accountants to ensure deadlines are understood and met, as well as setting objectives, coaching and appraising performance,
- Ensuring suppliers are paid on a timely basis whilst adhering to procedures and the robust control framework,
- Ensuring Treasury controls are documented, consistently performed and fit for purpose
- Ensuring appropriate banking access for team members,
- Liaising with relevant mangers and business heads to ensure timely processing and achieve relevant signatories,
- Ensuring seamless flow of transactions through the business,
- Ensuring customers and suppliers are paid within KPI targets,
- Liaising with banks and external bodies to ensure up to date fraud prevention knowledge,
- Providing necessary fraud prevention training to team,
- Providing regular MI on status of payments/transactions/volumes,
- Liquidity Reporting,
- Monitoring cash flow through the business including monitoring and managing the balances of key accounts,
- Maintaining up to date signatory lists and ensure bank hold up to date personnel information,
- Providing banks with any necessary regulatory information,
- Liaising with Banking relationship managers,
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes with regards to banking,
- Reviewing transaction costs and achieve the appropriate balance between timeliness and expense,
- Reconciling all key general ledger accounts within agreed timeframes,
- Liaising and provide appropriate and timely information to external auditors,
- Liaising and provide appropriate and timely information to internal auditors,
- Continually striving to improve process efficiency,
- Ensuring data confidentiality,
- Supporting ad-hoc treasury projects.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent),
- Line management experience
- Treasury experience,
- Advanced excel skills,
- Financial services experience is desirable.
- A working knowledge of various online banking platforms would be advantageous as would current or previous experience of setting up new direct debit and direct credit (SUN) procedures.
- Previous experience of Autorek and Sun accounting would be advantageous but are not essential.
- This role will suit a strong collaborative and adaptive individual.
This Treasury Accountant role is offered on a full time or part time, permanent basis with a salary of £40,000 to £50,000 based on experience. The working model is mostly from home at the moment but regular attendance at the Central Glasgow office will be required later in the year. This employer is genuinely open to discussing an agile approach to work for the successful candidate. Further excellent benefits include but are not limited to:
- 10% pension contribution
- 33 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
For more information on this Treasury Accountant position please contact Stuart Cadger at our Glasgow Office.