The way we work across the TUI Group is changing. Our goal is to be a truly integrated, digitally empowered, global travel company, utilising the same platforms and processes to deliver the most competitive, innovative and desired holiday experience for our customers.
The objective of the Engineering and Maintenance Finance team is to ensure financial transparency, reporting, decision support, airline benchmarking and governance on a functional or cross airline level, whilst delivering best value and cost savings across a €0.5bn Engineering & Maintenance cost base. The Engineering and Maintenance Finance team is responsible for the financial direction and driving financial delivery for key operational decisions across all markets.
The role will provide financial support to both the Supply Chain and Engineering Services teams. You will assist in the northern region supply chain fixed assets and inventory management, where you will provide good quality commercial support to ensure business partners understand key trends and movements within their stock. You will have full responsibility of the area to include month end accounting, reporting, cashflow, balance sheet, forecasting and business partnering.
In addition to the northern region responsibilities, you will also be involved in a number of exciting upcoming projects where we look to align stock processes, valuations, and accounting, across europe and support supply chain with the evolution of their business strategy.
This role will also take responsibility for stock & P&L reporting across the wider Aviation E&M team. Consolidating monthly P&L & KPI data across all markets and producing business packs to be presented to the E&M Board. As we further align across Europe you will have the opportunity to add value, drive forward change and setup new processes, as well as develop knowledge and experience in all regions.
This role may be based in Luton, Zaventem, Rijswijk, Hannover or Stockholm.Applications close 1 August 2021ABOUT THE JOB
- As Finance Analyst - Stock & Fixed Assets you will be responsible for processing all financial activities in relation to engineering and maintenance aircraft stock and Engineering services department. The role will take the financial lead for the month end including posting journals, forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations and actuals reporting. In addition, the role will also input into the risks and opportunities schedule, capex forecast, pricing and the budget and reforecast cycles.
- As a business partner this role will be a key finance contact for the supply chain and engineering services teams. You will provide detailed monthly reports and analysis to help track and understand stock spend and stock movement. Evaluate key trends and KPIs within the stock balance to help ensure supply chain meet their long term strategic goals. This includes year on year stock balance movements, purchases vs consumption analysis of stock, and the correlation between stock holdings and FDC claims. Alongside this, you will support in providing financial analysis for business cases, decision making and other adhoc requests.
- A fundamental part of the role will be driving forward some key projects that will aim to align stock processes across the group. You will help document current processes and define a target state. You will be key in building and implementing models and process that will then be embed in each market going forward.
- You will support the business with delivering the profit initiative targets. This will include assisting with projects to sell surplus stock and move stock across the group and provide stock valuation and guidance on the financial impact of these movements
- Another project in this area will be to work with the aviation data science and analytics teams to trial and develop new and innovative MI / reporting solutions using new tools such as Snowflake, Tableau etc
- The role will take responsibility for stock and P&L reporting across the wider TUI Airline E&M team. Consolidating monthly P&L & KPI data across all markets and preparing producing business packs. You will support in producing information to present financial information across all five markets as well as for each of the six Engineering functions.
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Part qualified / Newly qualified accountant
- Strong analytical mindset
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint user
- Eager to learn
- Structured and coordinated, and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Adapts communication to match audience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- This role requires strong business English (written & spoken).
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional 'TUI time off'
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas - Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. ?We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.? If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit