Join Elysium as a Regional Lead Consultant Psychiatrist and provide medical leadership to three Learning Disability and Autism services - Bradley Complex Care in Grimsby, Healthlinc House in Welton, Chesterfield House in Lincoln, and The Woodhouse in Cheadle (Staffordshire).
You will primarily be based at Healthlinc House (Welton, near Lincoln), working as part of the regional senior team, where you will advise on psychiatric and medical issues and be responsible for the administration of the Mental Health Act and associated standards and tasks in respect of service users.
You will provide professional leadership to the multidisciplinary teams, ensuring best practice care is delivered, manage and evaluate a high-quality medical service, and ensure that clinical policy, practice and its application is evidence-based and of a good standard.
When you work for Elysium Healthcare as a Regional Lead Consultant Psychiatrist, you have access to a large and supportive peer group of like-minded professionals to engage and network with, as well as a range of benefits and excellent range of career development opportunities.Other Regional Lead Consultant Psychiatrist responsibilities include:
- Overall clinical responsibility for the 24 hour management of in-patients at Healthlinc House in conjunction with other professions.
- Provide psychiatric support to Chesterfield House, a 6-bedded Residential service in Lincoln.
- Responsibility for the services provided by medical staff
- Contribute to the Transforming Care Programme, Care and Treatment Reviews and STOMP initiative.
- Ensure the adequate working of the Care Programme Approach for service users
- Work constructively with other multidisciplinary teams to ensure good service user care and progress along their care pathways
- Participate in making appropriate Responsible Clinician arrangements to cover 24 hour operation
- Provide leadership of the clinical team through effective teambuilding.
- Get involved in the assessment of referrals and ensure that the service meets the needs of those who are appropriately admitted
- Contribute to the training, education and development of staff of all disciplines, in particular medical staff
- Professionally supervise staff and undertake annual appraisals of medical staff
If this opportunity is of interest and you are qualified with the right level of experience, full of enthusiasm for your work and have the right to work in the UK, then apply now.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Pancho Ghatak, Clinical Director on or email . Essential qualifications and experience
What you will get
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Full GMC registration with licence to practice
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Section 12(2) approval, Approved Clinician status
- Highly competitive salary
- The equivalent of 38 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promo