CK Group are recruiting for a Lead Design Engineer to join a global biotechnology company at their site based in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
Our client is a biotechnology company who develop exciting and innovative products that have the potential to hugely improve the manufacture of biological therapies.
This Lead Design Engineer role is located in Hertfordshire and the site is easily commutable from Central London via train and by car from surrounding areas.
Lead Design Engineer Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Leading and providing direction to the R&D hardware engineering team
- Coordinating hardware design and development activities
- Supporting progression of R&D projects
- Managing projects and stakeholder expectations to ensure alignment of defined project deliverables and realised project outcomes.
- Authoring and overseeing the detailing of documentation, including engineering drawings, tolerances, technical specifications, verification plans and reports.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- degree or equivalent higher-level qualification, in a relevant mechanical/design engineering field
- 4+ years' experience in engineering design, preferably within a cGMP environment
- Experience with leading engineering projects and project teams
Proven experience of designing components for a variety of manufacturing processes such as machining, sheet metalwork, and/or injection moulding.
- Understanding of computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis
- Proficient in 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or CREO)
For more information or to apply for this Lead Design Engineer position, please contact Emily Mills on or email , quoting job ref 51169
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.