iMultiply are working in partnership with a leading professional services firm to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant in Edinburgh. The role is paying a competitive salary along with great additional benefits. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter and someone that enjoys getting stuck into the nitty gritty of Accounting.
A well established and highly performing business that operates right across the Scotland that is currently going through an exciting period of change. You will be based at the office in Edinburgh working within a talented finance team. They are once again growing due to further expansion giving the successful applicant ample opportunities for career development. This company are adaptable and have proven over the last 18 months how to think on their feet and ensure the business is still performing in the most efficient manner.
This business-critical role is a newly created posted to support the Group Finance Manager and also liaise with Senior Managers and budget holders. Furthermore, you will be under the stewardship of an exceptional line manager who has a proven track record and takes exceptional pride in developing the careers of Part Qualified Accountants. To be considered for this opportunity you must have a minimum of 2 years' practical finance experience including strong analytical skills plus an intermediate to advanced user of Excel.
You will be involved in but not restricted to the following duties:
- Timeous production of accurate management accounting data and reports.
- Working with project teams to review costs and financial systems
- Liaising with relevant individuals and departments to resolve complex finance queries
- Providing Financial Analysis, creating budgets and forecasting
- Reviewing financial budgets to ensure they are in alignment to targets of the organisation
- Reviewing accounting processes and procedures
- Creating KPIs and business plans
- Analysing financial data for variances or discrepancies
- Supervision of credit control process
- Production of quarterly VAT Report
- Production of monthly nominal ledger account validations and reconciliations
- Supervision of banking and petty cash
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- A minimum of 2 years practical finance experience including strong financial analysis
- Ideally, candidates will be studying towards their professional accounting qualification, AAT qualified with the view of starting ACCA/CIMA/ICAS or qualified by experience will be accepted
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The role will offer a highly competitive salary of £25,000 - £30,000 including a study support package plus an excellent benefits package which includes pension, ample holidays and other great benefits. The offices are easily accessible via public transport with parking available onsite.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion please feel free to get in touch with Hamish Law at iMultiply.