Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.The Day Job
Have you got experience in administration or finance looking to gain further skills? Are you immediately available and ready to start an exciting new challenge?
If so, we are currently looking to recruit an Administration Assistant to join SSCL and expand the purchase to pay team supporting a number of our Government clients invoicing and payment process.
The purchase to pay team manages several clients and an average of 5000 transactions per day: managing "end to end" payables processing. Processes include: Invoice processing, maintaining supplier master data by creating and amending supplier upon client authorisation, supplier investigation and validating payment requests. The role involves management of own workload and the ability to work towards deadlines.Key Responsibilities
Required skillsYou need to have:
- Matching, processing and payment of large quantities of invoices for a wide number of clients of SSCL
- Resolve queries, escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group), and log if appropriate.
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis.
- Distribute information and when required, work to the other team members or groups.
- Support line management on any additional admin when required.
- Liaise with internal/external clients.
- Maintain and update information held on an internal data base or manually.
It would be great if you did have:
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to provide customer service in a professional manner, creating trust and confidence.
- Excellent communicator.
- Effective team player, able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Accurate and timely delivery of tasks, able to work towards tight deadlines
- Effective problem solver.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good understanding Microsoft Office and previous experience using internal systems (ideally finance related)
PermanentLocation NewportSecurity Clearance Level SCInternal Recruiter Rosie Salary £19,000 per annum 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
- Previous finance administration or invoicing experience