Our client based in Sandy is looking for a Technical Design Engineer to work within their design team on the comprehensive range of equipment that they manufacture.
The main duties for Technical Design Engineer include:
- Perform necessary calculations, control and advise on technical legislation that equipment should conform to such as PD5500, ASME, Puwer, Machinery Directive, CE/CA marking etc.
- Specify and source technical bought out items to ensure they conform to customer requirements.
- Advise both colleagues and customers regarding technical queries.
- Provide technical and service requirements for Sales drawings and marketing/commercial documents
The Technical Design Engineer must be experienced in the use of Solid Modelling design software (preferably Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks but similar would be considered)
The ideal Technical Design Engineer will come from an engineering background. You must be able to work on your own or as part of a team, be able to meet tight deadlines and be able to deal directly with suppliers to obtain prices and delivery times.
The following would be advantageous for the Technical Design Engineer role, but not essential:
Experience of design work carried out on food machinery and systems.
A working knowledge of the following, both at user design and calculation levels:
- steam systems and energy calculations
- fluid systems, pumps and pipe work
- stress calculations
- sizing of motor/gearboxes for applications
- sheet metal development
- tolerance of machined parts
The Technical Design Engineer role is full time, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (Mon - Fri). Overtime is sometimes available.
The Technical Design Engineer salary is competitive.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days please assume you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this deter you applying for other positions you may be suitable for.
Shepherd Stubbs is an Equal Opportunities Employer acting both as an Employment Agency and Employment Business.