Pastoral and Safeguarding Worker
Reed Education are currently working in partnership with a Primary School in Reading to support in recruitment for a Pastoral and Safeguarding Worker, on an initial one year contract.
This role will strengthen the schools established and very effective pastoral team and will provide additional support to senior leaders, to help manage the increasing safeguarding requirements in school. You will be used to a therapeutic way of working, be passionate about keeping children safe in every aspect and be experienced at helping children deal positively and pro-actively with their emotional and mental health.
We are seeking talented, friendly and dynamic staff to join an established team at a Primary School in Reading for September 2021.
The role will be crucial in supporting this aspirational 'Good' school to continue to improve, as they look to always provide the very best for their diverse children and families.
The contract for one year will be term time only paid at £11.27 per hour.Joining the school family means you will need to be:
In return, the team can offer:
- An enthusiastic member of staff who is forward thinking and able to adapt quickly and easily.
- Someone who puts children at the heart of all planning and practice.
- Dynamic and fast-paced, finding effective solutions at every turn whilst considering others' points of view.
- A team player with the ability to work well both individually, as part of a phase and as a whole staff.
- Thoughtful and reflective. Enjoy using research and literature to help shape your practice where relevant.
- A kind and caring person, enjoying the bustling life of this diverse school family and always looking to recognise their polite and kind children.
- Efficient and effective in your working practices and able to prioritise well.
- An optimistic and close-knit senior leadership team with a track record of improving schools.
- A firmly established ethos of caring for one another in the school family.
- A strong middle leadership team who will guide and nurture you through your role.
- A commitment to professional development, and a belief in driving improvement through looking outwards to the world beyond their walls.
- A beautiful Victorian school with an abundance of space and opportunity, filled with light, life and love.
- The opportunity to work with a wider professional team of three unique schools, all brilliantly supported by a Trust who strongly value the individual school's character, ethos and approaches.
- Secure car parking and a staff well-being package.
Visits to the school may be possible depending on local restrictions, and prospective candidates are warmly welcomed to book a preliminary phone call or Teams call before they apply, should they like to discuss the role or school further with the Headteacher.