This job is currently remote working. When COVID-19 restrictions reduce, we may ask you to come to our Leeds HQ once or twice a week - although this is to be confirmed.
We're looking for a seasoned Lead Software Engineer to join the User Experience Engineering team, which is part of our Gaming tribe.
Gaming is responsible for all of our gaming products which include the likes of SkyVegas, SkyCasino, SkyBingo, and SkyLotto, and consists of ~120 technology staff working closely with their product, marketing and commercial colleagues.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage a team of Software and Senior Software Engineers who work on the Front-End applications of Sky Betting & Gaming's gaming products.
- Ensure close alignment between technical engineering teams, Design and UX. To deliver engaging high-quality customer experiences.
- Ensure our User Experience Engineering team is set up to succeed, with clear goals, roadmap and alignment with other areas of the business.
- Liaise with other teams across the business to communicate and coordinate.
- Take ownership for code quality, security and scalability and have an equal grasp of the overall system you are working on and how it meets the needs of the end users, and business objectives.
- Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
- Proactively support and mentor other team members, working with them to help them improve their skills.
- Support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes.
- Take on day-to-day management duties for the other engineers in your squad, including regular 1-to-1s, coaching and mentoring, enabling career development, and assisting the Engineering Manager with recruitment for new engineers as required.
Our UXE team maintain shared React components which are used across SBG's Gaming Portfolio.