A Pawfect role for a dog-loving logistics specialist.Client Details
This client's mission is to deliver health and happiness to dogs and their humans all over the world. In order to do just that, they need a team of forward-thinking, driven people who love dogs as much as they do. And they need quite a big kitchen too. Which is precisely why they have built one.
Located in Doncaster, this manufacturing site will be the place where all the magic happens, so to speak. It's where the tasty meals and treats will be gently cooked, using human-quality ingredients because, the way they see it, they wouldn't serve food to dogs that they wouldn't be happy to eat themselves. This client believes that dogs deserve better, and if that's something you think too, we want to hear from you.
Our client has come a long way since the co-founders hand-delivered the first meals, and they are now looking for brilliant people to join the team for this next part of the story.
Are you up for the challenge?Description
This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting start-up manufacturing business. The Warehouse and Fulfilment Manager will be part of the site leadership team and will report into the Operations Director. The Warehouse and Fulfilment Manager will be a key part in ensuring the Warehouse teams are able to keep the kitchen cooking and orders are fulfilled up to and including final delivery to our customer. The 150,000 square ft purpose-built manufacturing kitchen will rely heavily on good working knowledge of food, goods in and out and packing lines and modern manufacturing techniques.
As part of the role, you will:
- Be accountable for and drive safe working and good house keeping practices
- Be accountable for and drive standards on food safety and legislation requirements
- Ensure the site always operates at 'audit ready' standards and promotes a proactive quality culture within the team.
- Promote a continuous improvement philosophy, encouraging team participation in improvement initiatives. Provide facilitation, support and guidance, and lead by example
- Ensure that people policies and procedures are applied correctly and consistently across the team
- Achieve team objectives through the implementation of key results areas (KPIs). Ensure team members have a clear understanding and are provided with the necessary resources to deliver against these
- To lead the warehouse and fulfilment teams to improve operational metrics such as quality, service.
- Develop a highly motivated team whilst adopting an open, visible and supportive management style
- Identify training needs for the team and individuals and ensure that adequate coaching and training is provided to enhance flexibility, by following an agreed training plan.
A bit about you for this position of Warehouse and Fulfilment Manager:
- Loves dogs (naturally)
- Strong experience within the fast-moving consumer goods market (FMCG), preferably gained in the food industry within a team orientated culture
- Awareness of continuous improvement concepts and practices in Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Understanding of Health and Safety best practice and current legislative requirements
- Supervisory experience with broad working knowledge of relevant safety legislation
- Pragmatic, adaptable, resilient and humble
- Well-practised planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- Someone who loves the pace and excitement of FMCG manufacturing
- Ideally financial and budget control experience
- Hungry for a challenge and keen to build something from the ground up
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills, with creative thinking and analytical skills
- Results driven and action oriented
- Problem solving skills and priority setting.
- Competitive salary (up to £60,000 for a suitably experienced candidate)
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, plus an extra day for every year with the company)
- Pension with NEST
- Opportunity to grow, develop and learn
- Be part of an energetic and high performing team
- Team socials & events