Job OverviewJob title:
London, PaddingtonReporting to:
Full timeAbout our Client
Our client is a fast-growing start-up working in the renewable energy sector. They are enjoying a period of rapid growth and have secured significant funding to progress their next phase of development.
As a result of this success, they are looking to appoint an ambitious, self-starter to the post of the newly created position of Group Accountant.Job Description
The role of the Group Accountant will be to become the technical accounting expert within the group.
Specifically, you will:
The Successful Applicant
- Prepare the monthly standalone management accounts against budget for the UK holding companies;
- Prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts for the UK holding companies;
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly consolidated Financial Statements for the group entities (in conjunction with Spanish FC);
- Assist with the preparation of audited consolidated annual Financial Statements for the group companies;
- Prepare all required audit schedules and liaise with the auditors to ensure completion of technically complex and challenging audits;
- Assist with the accounting for Cayman and BVI holding entities;
- Maintain and develop CPD to become IFRS technical expert for the group;
- Manage purchase to pay process and carry out monthly bank reconciliations and ad hoc supplier reconciliations;
- Assist with loan and project finance compliance and cash flow forecasting;
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and assist with annual corporation tax returns for the UK holding companies;
- Assist with financial due diligence on acquisitions and disposal process for bundled assets and other ad hoc projects.
You will most likely be an ACA qualified accountant (or international equivalent), ideally with evidence of a strong academic record and superior financial reporting skills.
You will be someone who is motivated by the excitement, challenge, and dynamism of an entrepreneurial environment and passionate about reducing carbon emissions.
- Technically strong ACA qualified accountant;
- Preferably Big 4 background;
- Outstanding academic record;
- Experience of accounting for technically challenging consolidations and other financial reporting complexities;
- Comfortable with international travel;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain financial information to non-finance stakeholders;
- Attention to detail and personal ownership;
- Ambition to develop your career with a fast-growing company.
You will be at an advantage if you can also offer:
- Spanish language skills;
- International experience;
- Have a passion for defeating climate change.