Quality Inspector*Permanent*Daventry, Northamptonshire£26,250 - (£25,000 + £5% shift allowance - £1250)Mon to Thurs 5.45am - 2.15pm & Fri 5.45am - 1.15pm
Our prestigious engineering client in Daventry is looking to recruit a permanent ' Quality Inspector'.
To complete quality inspections of machined components both internal and externally sourced to ensure dimensional accuracy and process control is maintainedResponsibilities:
- Ensuring first off machined components, finished components and components requiring external process are manufactured to the correct tolerances and comply with the drawing
- Liaise with the drawing office to ensure that all revisions are current and changes which affect the manufacture of components are clearly communicated
- Complete patrol inspection to confirm documentation is correctly completed and operator checks are recorded
- Working with Quality Manager to ensure all measuring equipment and gauges are calibrated at the correct frequencies
- Liaising with purchasing to ensure external treatments are correctly dispatched and checked off upon their return
- Inspect the applied ratio of engineering components from suppliers, including treatment/process providers and ensure that the necessary processes are followed for non-compliant components
- To ensure correct documentation is delivered and is accurate and completed with supplied products
- Inspect and ensure all Manufacturing Order packs are correct and appropriate completed documentation is present.
- Liaise with Goods Inwards and Purchasing Department to ensure all delivered items are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and liaise with suppliers when required.
- Inspect purchased Raw materials to ensure the material sizes and material specification meet the technical requirements (Logistics personnel to assist where required)
- Fully comply with and be able to cover ISO systems and procedures
- Carry out any other duties as required and deemed appropriate
- Ensure compliance with Company rules and all Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements
- Extensive knowledge of engineering measuring equipment
- Some engineering experience preferred
- Computer literate to a good standard
- Excellent communications skills - able to liaise with different departments and external suppliers
- Able to stand firm in the face of quality issues to protect the business
- Analytical and investigative mind - always asking questions
- Problem solving abilities with the ability to make a decision and justify that decision with facts and logic
- Willing and able to take responsibility with minimum supervision
- High level of attention to detail
Please apply in the first instance with a copy of your CV or call Tel to discuss the position in further detail.
Cordant People is an equal opportunities employer.