New College Swindon have an exciting opportunity for Progress Coaches to join the team.
Location: Swindon Wiltshire
Salary: £22,704 FTE
Actual Salary: £19,429 per annum
Hours: 37 hours, working 39 weeks per year
Start Date: 16th August 2021
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it's a really great time to be joining us.
Progress Coaches - The Role:
Due to the recent merger, we have exciting opportunities to implement our Progress Coach support model at our North Star site, and are looking for some enthusiastic Progress Coaches to join our team, developing our students wider social and employability skills.
Do you have experience of pastoral support and mentoring students? Do you want to support learners to overcome barriers to their achievements and support them to developer wide social and employability skills? If so we would be interested in hearing from you.
We are looking for individuals to join our existing Progress Coach Team to provide pastoral support and mentoring to a caseload of students via group and 1:1 review sessions. The aims of this role are to identify and overcome barriers to achievement and to develop our students wider social and employability skills.
Progress Coaches - Key Responsibilities:
- Act as a Progress Coach to a designated number of learners, working closely with Curriculum Managers and teaching staff as learners' advocated to support the successful completion of their journey through monitoring progress and performance
- Support learners' induction, performance, progress and progression
- Work with learners in tutorial groups, smaller focused sessions and 1:1
- Respond promptly where barriers to learning are identified by carrying out proactive intervention strategies, referring learners to relevant support where required and monitoring their progress and altering actions to ensure success
Progress Coaches - You:
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics
- Level 2 ICT qualification or equivalent or MOS unit. If not held, you will be required to gain this within an agreed timeframe
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in youth work, teaching, training or other related discipline
- Prepared to complete any internally accredited tutor training or coaching programme
- Knowledge of Safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults
Progress Coaches - What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to several great benefits some of are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
Progress Coaches - How to apply:
Please note, we do not accept CV's and you will be required to complete an application form. Please check your emails after clicking 'Apply', we will contact you with further instructions on how to submit your application form and the next steps in the application process.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Closing Date: 29th July 2021