VAT Accountant - Cheshire - Salary paying up to £40,000 plus a vast range of benefits (including mix of home/office working)
Based in the North West, our client is a rapidly growing Service Provider, who is seeking an individual to join their business as a VAT Accountant.THE JOB:
Working in the Financial Accounting and Control team this is a newly created role that will take a lead on delivering the VAT returns whilst improving current processes.Main Responsibilities:
Provide vital support in the preparation of tax and other compliance returns for all our global entities in a timely and accurate manner.
Typical work activities include:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly VAT returns for all the varying territories, working alongside the internal tax team
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all compliance returns including Intrastat returns, P11D's, and PSA returns
- Produce a comprehensive balance sheet reconciliation for VAT and corporate tax nominals for submission into the management accounts team
- Working alongside the external advisors ensuring the accuracy of the annual corporation tax returns in various territories, as well as ensuring any requirements for payment on accounts during the year are met at the appropriate deadline
- Involvement in business improvement projects, as directed and as identified autonomously
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures within the compliance area, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business
The ideal candidate will be looking to study towards CTA/ACA or ACCA (study support provided) or already be studying and will have previous experience of working within a tax function. All backgrounds will be considered, whether from an in-house or practice function, and either direct or indirect tax experience is equally valuable. Experience of operating in multiple European jurisdictions would be desirable, but not essential. Advanced Excel skills are required and having previously worked within a fast-paced environment would also be advantageous. Sage knowledge or experience of a similar accounting system would be beneficial.