Lloyds is transforming and needs curious minds to help define and influence that change. We're looking for people with new perspectives and the confidence to share them, so come and join us.About Us
Lloyds is the worlds leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Yet the world is changing, and Lloyds is changing too nimbler, faster, and able to offer customers and employees more products, services and insights supported by technology, innovation and the continuing desire to protect people, businesses and communities. Lloyds is where you can bring your future to life.The Role
Financial Planning and Analysis are a trusted and well-connected team at the heart of the Corporation. They work closely with the Corporations most senior leaders to provide strategic insight and analysis on the performance of the Corporation and Market, challenging and guiding decision making to achieve strategic objectives.Responsibilities
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting and performance management within the Corporation.
- Developing, improving, and maintaining excellent Management Information (MI) to proactively manage function, Corporation and Market performance and objectives. Consistently providing fresh insight, highlighting risks and opportunities in a meaningful manner and constructively challenging results.
- Utilize strong insurance experience to develop quality and insightful reporting on syndicate and market performance.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders across the business, delivering services, translating financial data into meaningful information, and ensuring financial information needs are met.
- Driving process improvement and increasing efficiencies in the way we work, continually looking for opportunities to add value. Proactively engaging with the wider team and driving collaboration between business functions to deliver positive change, striving for best practice.
- Building and maintaining finance systems knowledge (e.g. general ledger and planning tools) to support ongoing development, enhancing information reliability, accuracy, and quality.
- Providing financial expertise, evaluating, reporting, and monitoring of strategic and commercial initiatives as required by the SLT and ExCo to support cost reduction, revenue enhancement and efficiency opportunities.
- A qualified accountant possessing strong analytical skills with the ability to provide value added insights concisely
- Insurance experience essential
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to work with, and create meaning out of large data sets
- Ability to understand and explain relationships within an Insurance P&L, including bridging Lloyds Year of Account results to GAAP
- Knowledge of best practice financial planning & analysis to support the Executive and business
- Knowledge of relevant legal & regulatory requirements both UK and International
- Knowledge of accounting standards as applicable to financial services and insurance organisations.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits.
Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the worlds most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on investing in human progress.
Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of a number of steps, your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a really positive experience for you.
Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy, you will need to click on the apply button on the top of the advert to complete your application form.