Lloyds is transforming and needs curious minds to help define and influence that change. We're looking for people with new perspectives and the confidence to share them, so come and join us.
Senior Software EngineerLondon (Remote)About Us
Lloyds is the worlds leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Yet the world is changing, and Lloyds is changing too nimbler, faster, and able to offer customers and employees more products, services and insights supported by technology, innovation and the continuing desire to protect people, businesses and communities. Lloyds is where you can bring your future to life.
Technology will drive business value for Lloyds of London and its customers by delivering effective and efficient IT services that embrace innovation for competitive advantage, whilst leveraging its global scope to standardise and integrate platforms and secure the highest value from strategic partnership through optimal sourcingThe Role
To provide technical expertise within the team through the enhancement and support of Corporate bespoke products ranging from cloud based mobile applications to data management systems.Responsibilities
- Take a collaborative role with the product team to triage production problems, determine faults and provide fixes in a timely fashion.
- Developing, deploying and managing software across the full Product Portfolio life cycle.
- Take a collaborative development role, designing, coding, unit testing and implementing enhancements to existing applications as part of product BAU or project delivery
- Provide and take ownership of estimates for work and monitor progress against the estimate.
- Take responsibility for any errors and omissions within the developed applications to ensure any bugs are fixed in line with priorities.
- Perform appropriate tuning/refactoring of code to ensure that the system is performant and secure.
- Produce documentation to cover implementation of product solutions, including security, technical specifications, site deployment and support requirements
- Supporting and troubleshooting, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Languages & Frameworks: A robust working knowledge and proven track record of experience in the following products and technologies:
- Azure Data Lake, ADF & Databricks
- MS SQL Server
- Enhanced interpersonal skills, inclusive of written & verbal communication
- Customer-centric approach to delivering appropriate business solutions
- Product lifecycle management and project delivery, using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Data structures
- Object-oriented programming
- Database design with query optimisation
- Working as part of a collaborative, self-organising agile team
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Technology environment
- Broad knowledge of technology infrastructure that Lloyds has implemented to underpin its application development.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits.
Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the worlds most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on investing in human progress.
Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of a number of steps, your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a really positive experience for you.
Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy, you will need to click on the apply button on the top of the advert to complete your application form.