Job Title: Field Service Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for a Field Service Engineer to join our busy technical team assisting with day to day break fix, hardware config and EPoS / network support across the UK.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
This position is responsible for providing onsite service and support to customers. To act as a mobile field service engineer on assigned open tickets to resolve customer-affecting technical issues in a timely fashion in order to maintain maximum customer satisfaction. This relates to a varied range of EPOS technology, including, but not limited to, workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. This position serves as a senior technical resource assisting both end users and less experienced support analysts in effectively identifying issues and using effective troubleshooting techniques to resolve end user technical issues. The role also requires some config and warranty repair work at our Abingdon office as per company and customer requirements.
This role provides break-fix support 7 days a week (excluding Christmas Day) between the hours of 8am and 8pm, with occasional requirements for pre-agreed work to be carried out outside of these hours. This is based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. As this role includes working 8 of the bank holidays, the holiday entitlement is increased to 28 days over the standard 20 to compensate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serves as customer facing technical resource and works in collaboration with engineers and other senior staff as needed to provide effective end user support and issue resolution.
· Excellent attention to detail required at all times.
· Collects detailed information, performs thorough analysis and relies on experience and judgment to determine the most effective method of resolution.
· Manages escalated customer tickets in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with the Service Level Agreements.
· Logs all support desk interactions in ticket system ensuring that all activities are accurately recording in the required manner.
· Escalates problems to other departments as needed.
· Prioritise and implement approved system modifications, programs and other such requests of medium to high complexity, as per instruction.
· Serve as a project team member on project implementations; independently completing assigned tasks of medium to high complexity resulting in successful, on time and on budget projects.
· Supervise and train less experienced staff or project team.
· Perform Warranty repairs and equipment config
· Provide value as a team member in cross functional implementations while demonstrating effective interpersonal skills resulting in successful systems implementation and support.
· Promote knowledge transfer to influence positive change and strengthen the team's performance
· Stay abreast of the latest technology trends
· Provide on-call support coverage via on call rotation schedule as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (education, experience, skills & attributes
· 1-2 years of experience performing field service duties
· Exceptional customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving complex problems.
· Ability to work professionally with all levels of client organisations staff.
· Self-directed, able to prioritise and effectively handle multiple service requests at a time under high pressure and challenging situations.
· Excellent organisational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
· The ability to work quickly and accurately in a shared community environment.
· Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
· Hardware and network connectivity trouble shooting skills.
· Ability to listen and analyse customer needs
· Ability to interact with end-users, Vendors, and Client IT departments.
· Presents a positive image that reflects well on the organisation.
· Ability to travel across all of UK with a focus on London & the surrounding areas.
· The employee is exposed to various business environments with moderate noise levels created by computers and/or printers and light traffic.
· The Position is administered in an extremely fluid, fast paced fashion with multiple high-priority demands