Starting salary: £35,000 with uplifts at 6 and 12 months*Experience : 1 year Flexible hours with no evenings or weekends
Are you an enthusiastic and ambitious health professional looking to take your career to the next level?
The role of Disability Assessor will allow you to utilise your clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills in a new setting whilst enjoying a great work life balance and rewarding pay.
Located in the heart of Redcar, you will be joining a forward-thinking, friendly team who strive to provide a positive working environment and support you at each stage.
There are several progression routes available and should you wish to take the text step, we will support you along the way.What are the main job functions?
The role of a PIP Assessor is to undertake telephone assessments for Personal Independence Payment (PIP) on the behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). You will be required to analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence relating to the claimant's functional ability and provide a comprehensive report in a concise and professional manner. You will be working autonomously however your colleagues and the clinical management team are always on hand to provide support.
The role is best suited to those with a broad clinical knowledge and previous experience of assessing/report writing although full training is provided.What we will provide to you:
- Starting salary of £35000
- Bi-annual incentive package once you have passed probation*
- Salary uplifts of £1000 at 6 and 12 months*
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- Flexible annual leave
- Fixed hours with no evening or weekend work
- Reimbursement of HCPC/NMC registration fee once passed probation
- Optional paid overtime (depending on business need)
- Extensive training including an eLearning programme and a paid 4 week course
- Regular training to support CPD and revalidation
- Fantastic opportunities for promotion and professional growth
- Membership of the company pension and life assurance scheme
- Online wellness portal
Skills and Experience
- Registered Nurse (RGN, RMN, RNLD), Paramedic, Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist
- One year post - registration experience
- Current NMC or HCPC registration with no restrictions
Our recruitment team would love to speak to you about the role. For further information or to arrange a confidential chat please contact us on or .ABOUT US
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to navigate various IT systems
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in a range of clinical settings
- Strong IT skills
Medacs Global Group is a global leading healthcare staffing company providing healthcare recruitment expertise to both the public and private sectors. Our parent company, Impellam Group, are one of the largest Recruitment providers within the UK.
We aim to create an inclusive working environment that is challenging, stimulating, rewarding and fulfilling. We value diversity and encourage equal opportunities for all. We think that's the best way to attract the kind of people we're looking for: people who are passionate, involved and committed to providing our employees and customers with the service they deserve.COVID-19 Considerations:
In order to safeguard the health of vulnerable claimants and our colleagues, our Health Professionals are now conducting PIP consultations from home by telephone. This new way of working also extends to the onboarding and training process but rest assured, keeping you informed and being on hand to support you every step of the way remains our top priority.
Job ref: REDCAR
*Terms and conditions apply please refer to the website for further details