Job Title: Electrician
Location/Trust: Royal Oldham Hospital OL1 2JH
Department: Estates and Facilities
Band/Pay rate: 4 £22.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5 07:00am-15:00pm or 09:00am-17:00pm rotated
Placement Ref: 41910
Can you bring your excellent electrician skills and knowledge to our Estates and Facilities Department?
Would you like to be part of team that works well together, always there to help each other? This location is easily accessible by public transport and has onsite parking.
If you answered yes, The Pennine Acute Hospital Trust would love to hear from you.
We have a temporary placement opportunity available for an Electrician at Royal Oldham Hospital. They will be providing the following support to the Estates and Facilities team
- Diagnose and repair faults on complex electrical services, engineering plant and equipment.
- Monitor temperatures using handheld data collection device, diagnose faults, recalibrate and carry out repairs to geysers, dishwashers, catering equipment and fridges.
- Work on electrical distribution systems including emergency standby
- Carry out statutory inspections and testing on electrical services, fire alarm systems, engineering plant and equipment, and complete necessary documentation.
- Use own initiative, knowledge and experience when designing, quantifying, manufacturing and installation of electrical services.
The skills required are
Please see full job description
- NVQ 3 in Electrical Installations
- BTEC ONC in Electrical Engineering or City and Guilds in Electrical Engineering
- City and Guild in 18th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- 3 years post qualification of experience working as an Electrician
- Broad experience in Electrical services including Electrical Power & lighting, Electrical distribution equipment, Motors, Pumps and controls
Oldham hospital is located close to the town centre and is easily accessible via both car and public transport. There is on-site parking (fees will apply). It has an onsite cafe and restaurant where staff are eligible for a discount. The hospital also has on site shops.
Staff who work at Royal Oldham have said the following
"It has a good community family feel"
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
Who are NHS Professionals?
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million
each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.Disclaimer
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion