Teacher of Geography - Bromley
Tradewind Recruitment are seeking a well-qualified and enthusiastic Geography graduate to join a very successful department within an Ofsted-rated 'Outstanding' school in Bromley. It is essential that you can offer Geography at GCSE. The ability to teach both Human and Physical Geography is desirable.
As part of the school's Humanities faculty, Geography is a highly valued subject in the curriculum. It is one of the most popular options at both KS4 and KS5 and boasts a proven track record of success at both key stages. At G.C.S.E., 79% students achieved grades 9-4 in 2018. All Geography teachers have their own classrooms which are adjacent to each other in the humanities building and are fitted with projector, interactive whiteboard and internet access.
The Geography department is a highly successful one, making a significant contribution to a Humanities progress score that is significantly above the national average. BTEC Travel and Tourism is also a successful course at KS4. They want a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who can work as part of a team in their continuous strive for excellence.
There are over 1800 students on roll aged 11-19 years and there is excellent support and CPD for staff at all stages of their career on offer.
Ofsted (2017) found pupils to be "happy, well cared for and that they secure excellent academic and personal outcomes" they described the pupils as "polite, respectful and courteous". Needless to say, the school are incredibly proud of them and of all staff who contribute to the "purposeful learning culture within the school that characterises the work of staff and pupils"To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a Teacher of Geography who holds QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Geography curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at Tradewind on or email
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer