Job Title: Skilled IT & AV Support Technician
Job Description: Skilled IT & AV Support Technician - Hardware Support
£27,000 - £32,000 Plus Bonus Scheme
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity that will stretch your abilities and enhance your knowledge in a dynamic sector? Want a job where you can learn, advance your career, and work with some of the latest cutting-edge tech hardware? Then this might well be the role for you!
Our client is an award-winning international computer and event tech rental company. They rent IT, AV equipment and peripherals to a range of corporate clients to support exhibitions, product launches, exams, TV productions, open-days, training and many other special events and projects.
Now an opportunity has now arisen for a Skilled IT Support Technician to join our client's team.
This is the ideal role for an IT/AV support professional with strong technical knowledge of hardware. An iconic brand, solid growth, and exceptional in-house systems make this profitable debt-free company the perfect place to develop your career.
As a Skilled IT Support Technician, and reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be tasked with preparing a range of equipment.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment to the highest possible standard.
- Maintaining accurate records for stock and quality control.
- Testing devices - new hardware, and equipment when it returns from clients.
- Imaging, preparing, and installing computers at client sites.
- Using device management systems to configure multiple tablets, iMacs, or VR headsets.
- Preparing the very latest and sleekest devices as props for film and TV.
- Installing, servicing & operating larger equipment - such as servers & workstations, video walls, projectors and large screens, PA systems and mixing desks, & video conferencing equipment.
- Answering incoming technical support calls and helping the sales team design strong tech solutions to amaze end customers.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Solid commercial IT support or Event Tech experience.
- Sound technical knowledge of hardware - Preferably IT & AV
- At least 2 years with the same employer during the past 6 years
A valid driving license with experience of driving commercial vehicles (Ford Transit sized vans) will be an added advantage, and you should be comfortable lifting and maneuvering servers and large screens. (There are both physical and mental challenges in the role!)
As a Skilled IT Support Technician, you must have excellent interpersonal skills to work well with your team, sales team, and be comfortable in front of corporate clients. You must also have a hands-on approach, be calm under pressure, and show strong attention to detail. A consistent work history is also essential.
Country: United Kingdom
Town/City: Acton, London
Salary: £27K - £32K Plus Bonus
Working hours: 40 hours
Very occasional evening/weekend work.
Notice period: 1 month
Any known health and safety risks on the premises: No