Reed Accountancy are working with a client based in St. Helens, to recruit for an accounts candidate to join the business as a Credit Controller / Courier Claims Coordinator, on a temporary to permanent basis.My client is looking for an experienced Credit Controller (or Accounts Assistant) to join the business ASAP on a temporary basis, but will make the candidate permanent, if successful in the role.
The working hours are Mon-Fri 08:30-17:00, with a 30-minute lunch.
Starting salary of £23,000 per annumJob Description:
- This role will be a varied position with a mixture of Credit Control and Courier Claims Administration
- The successful candidate will have some credit control experience in their role (Eg. Credit controller, accounts assistant etc...)
- This role will involve working with the credit control function to support all aspects of that department
- Processing and chasing up courier claims on behalf of my client who use couriers on a regular basis to deliver their customer orders.
- Many orders are either lost or damaged in transit by the couriers so compensation claims need to be raised with the couriers.
- Regular contact with the customers and the couriers will be required to ensure the claims are accurate and successful.
- You will also be responsible for obtaining information from my client's systems and entering data onto 3rd party courier portals to produce delivery labels. You will liaise with the warehouse, transport team and customer service to provide delivery updates.
- Supporting credit control with chasing money on either telephone, email or post
- Negotiate payment plans with customers and take payments
- Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices
- Raising and chasing courier transportation claims
- Liaising with couriers and presenting them with detailed information with regards to making a claim
- Seeing claims through from start to finish
We are looking for a candidate with experience in credit control as part of their role and the desire to work in a varied role where you will support different functions of the business (Eg. Courier Claims)
- Credit Control experience
- Strong Administrator
- Excellent Excel skills
- Accurate data entry
- Attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft Office Programmes