Senior Service Charge AccountantLocation:
35 hours per week
As the Senior Service Charge Accountant, you will contribute to our vision of being the UKs favourite
property manager by:
- Delivering timely and accurate accounts, budgets and reports,
- Managing a team of accountants, reviewing your teams work to ensure uniformity,
- Exceeding internal and external client expectations.
This role reports to the Service Charge ManagerAbout You
You have previous management experience, and are passionate about motivating a team.
Ideally, you are AAT qualified or studying towards a finance qualification, with an understanding of service charge processes and regulations.
You are a natural problem solver, with a professional and approachable persona. Who has the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Being an Excel and MS Office whizz means you are comfortable using them heavily on a day to day basis.About Us
FirstPort is the UK's leading residential property service provider, caring for 290,000 homes in England, Wales and Scotland, across 5,000 developments. With over four decades of experience and 4,000 employees, FirstPort works with developers, investors, freeholders and over 1,000 Resident Management Companies.Main Responsibilities
- Ensuring account concluded within current KPI.
- Ensuring budgets are issued within current KPI.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Reconciliation of handover in and out information.
- Managing team workflow and reviewing their jobs
- General line manager duties (1-2-1's, appraisal, training etc).
- Providing financial support for internal/external client meetings where applicable.
- Liaising with other departments to support problem solving.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.Inventive
- We're creative and resourceful. We strive to improve what we do and how we do it, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.Respectful
- We listen, consult and take on-board people's opinions and needs. We understand the importance of the home and community in people's lives, and act with respect at all times.Skilled
- We've the qualifications, experience and take great pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money. We're informed, and we're always building on that knowledge to constantly improve our quality of service.Trustworthy
- We're always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep our promises and follow through on our commitments.The Benefits
Our customers deserve the best and the same applies to our people. We'll support you with all of the technology, training and support that you need to do your job well. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefit packages. In addition to the core benefits, we also offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future and look after your health.Diversity
We're committed to promoting diversity at FirstPort and recruit on merit. We will consider applications from job share applicants.Ready to Apply?