JOB ROLE: Internships and Careers Events Executive (12 month maternity cover)
COMPANY: Adult Education Establishment
HOURS: Full time Monday to Friday
SALARY: up to £31500
LOCATION: Paddington, London
BENEFITS: Competitive package, hybrid working, well located offices
Provide support to the Head of Careers and Student services and the Careers Services Manager to enable the efficient and smooth running of the Careers Office and support with the services offered to all students.
Under supervision of the Careers Services Manager, the Internships Officer uses independent analysis and judgement to develop, coordinate, and supervise complex and varied administrative tasks in order to provide exemplary career services to the campus community.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO:
Internships and employer opportunities:
* To contact the School's partner companies and ask for internship offers for the students.
* To attend external and internal meetings with new as well as existing partner companies.
* To advertise internships to London students via e-mails as well as to all students using the internal internship platform (Jobteaser).
* To accept and validate internships for the Bachelor in Management and Master in Management students, as well as provide any support necessary to the students of these programmes concerning their internships.
* To provide support in the development and implementation of viable internship programmes.
* To manage and send out the department newsletter communication.
* To assist in organising any careers related event on and off campus.
* To help in organising the annual London Careers Fair.
* To inform students about careers events taking place on and off campus.
* To take responsibility for all the logistics related to careers related events.
* To assist and support in enhancing students' experience.
* To keep companies' database updated.
* To keep track of all internship and job offers advertised to students.
* To accept and validate internships on internal student's system for the Master in Management and Bachelor in Management students.
* To file and manage all internship documentation.
* To analyse internship data, run statistics and write reports.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
* Relevant past experience and/or a Certificate/NVQ/HND or equivalent or Degree educated.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Understanding of the UK job market, with knowledge of all sectors.
* Previous experience within Careers Services or an Academic environment would be a plus.
* Excellent command of English, oral and written.
* Excellent organisational, communication and public speaking skills.
* Previous experience in client relationship management would be an asset.
* Intercultural awareness and ability to interact with students of all backgrounds.
* Available to occasionally work after working hours when events are taking place.
* Approachable, adaptable and flexible.
If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line or if applying via the OA website please send to me directly on
This opportunity is being advertised by the Office Angels West End team.
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.
Office Angels West End branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Oxford Street, Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Road, Euston, Regent Street, Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Camden, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill, Paddington, Hampstead.
Our Retail team looks after Fashion and beauty roles nationally.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.