Responsible for ensuring all Greenergy's UK excisable movements are fully compliant with HMRC legislation, and all excise duty liabilities are accounted for in the general ledger and remitted correctly.
Part of a small team with broad accounting and operational activities, this role is unique in that it crosses the middle ground between the operational and accounting teams. The Duty Compliance team manage the licenses required to allow Greenergy Fuels to move fuel in and out of all UK stock terminals, with a dual month-end ensuring that both HMRC and the wider finance teams are provided with fully supported numbers to satisfy the monthly excise duty payment at the end of the duty period, as well as a balance sheet and P&L at the end of the accounting period.
This role would suit someone looking to close off their accounting qualifications whilst also looking to get closer to the operational side of the business. There is an expectation that you will become familiar with various excise duty notices, which form the backbone of the parameters the company can operate within in terms of moving fuel into and around the UK.Main duties of the role:
The ideal candidate:Part -Qualified Accountant, currently working towards CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification, with;
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance of excise duty data collection, review, consolidation and preparation of monthly excise duty liability - circa £450m/ pm
Responsibility for ensuring accuracy and completeness of accounting for excise duty in the general ledger in accordance with business timetable.
- Ensuring that Greenergy's core UK terminal activity operates within HRMC guidelines, and that all Greenergy stock terminals have appropriate licenses to cover all operational activity
- Forecasting of excise duty gains/losses from temperature fluctuations and vapour recovery at all UK terminals - weekly / monthly reporting to the Group Financial Controller on variances to budget.
- Managing the excise duty deferment limits with UK terminals to ensure no interruption to fuel supply
- Responsibility for ensuring any changes in the business (e.g. new terminals or products) are understood, communicated and the appropriate actions planned and taken to ensure proper reporting and compliance.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all excise duty stakeholders (especially terminals, but also including RTFO team, Stocks team and Operations team)
- Manage the relationship with HMRC, speak with authority on excise and customs matters with our local agents
- Strong knowledge of UK Fuel industry;
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel;
- Strong communication skills;
- High level of numeracy;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn the legislation and legal notices surrounding customs and excise.
People are key to our continuing success; we work hard to reward, develop and retain staff. We offer a competitive salary, career progression opportunities, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day after 5 years' service for every full year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Company Pension
If you are interested in joining the Greenergy team, please submit a current CV along with a cover letter in support of your application. Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for interview.
NO AGENCIES - Thank you.
Greenergy are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a global company. Employment at Greenergy is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.