Do you have a passion for supporting students with Special Educational Needs?
Do you have experience working within a Primary School?
An outstanding opening has come to fruition for a SEN Teaching Assistant to start in September at a large Primary school in Westminster. This school provides for a range of students with SEND who require 1 to 1 support. Many of the students are Autistic so experience working with children with Autism is critical. The school have superb facilities for their SEND students. The students have access to a separate unit which has been specifically designed to accelerate progress for SEND Students. This also contains a sensory room. You will also be supporting a range of other SEND needs like ADHD and SEMH.
Any experience of Makaton, PEC's or BSL is highly advantageous. Candidates with Team Teach training are urged to apply. For those who do not currently hold this certificate but are keen to continue their professional development, Tradewind will help support you if you have not worked within a Primary School but have worked with children with SEND. We will advise you to complete a range of CPD courses to help expand your knowledge.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a friendly, enthusiastic and skilled team
- Join a brilliant team who genuinely enjoy their work
- An opening to develop your knowledge working with SEND
- Stand Out within a helpful team with great career prospects - possibility to go permanent for strong candidates
- Warm and friendly Senior Leadership Team that values your progress and well-being
What are the school looking for?
- Great team-player
- Excellent experience of special needs
- Previous experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant in a primary school is advantageous.
- Always looking to discover and constantly progress
To join us and be successful in this role you will need to:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great position as a Graduate Teaching Assistant in Westminster. Or for more information about the role, contact us on /
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- Top rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request)
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer