£19,000 - £22,000 per annum
My client, who is the leading provider of homecare and live-in care in Berkshire is looking for a Care Supervisor to lead a team of Care Assistants in their Wokingham branch.
The role requires flexibility and the ideal person to contribute to the on-call rota (which is paid on top). My client would be interested in speaking to experienced Supervisors but also someone with the right attributes to step up from a Carer position.
* Prior to each service commencing, carry out with customers (and/or their chosen representatives) an assessment of what the customer needs and what they would like to achieve from their care and support, together with a risk assessment
* Create and agree a written individually tailored plan of care and support that respects the customer's wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks. Keep care and support plans up to date
* Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential
* Give care assistants appropriate information and guidance to effectively and safely provide care and support as agreed in the care and support plan.
* Distribute, collect and monitor MAR charts
* Support, supervise and assist with training of care assistants
* Take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota as and when required. Effectively deal with emergency on-call issues e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care assistants are sick or absent. Record emergency calls and pass the information to appropriate parties
* Arrange and manage staff changeovers and briefings for live in care assignments in the absence of the lead supervisor and registered manager.
* Monitor the performance of care assistants and carry out quality reviews at the customer's home to make sure the service is being delivered in line with company procedures
* Work flexibly to meet business needs
* Lead staff and customer meetings
* Lead and participate in training activities, appraisals and development meetings
* Competitive salary
* Bonus based on KPIs
* Mileage paid at 30p per mile
* Company smart phone
* Refer a friend scheme
* Employee of the month benefits
* Access to Hastee Pay (get your pay in advance)
* Pension contributions
* Paid training
* Financial help towards completing qualifications
Please apply for a confidential chat