Location: Colchester and Clacton-On Sea area, Essex
Salary: £8.91 - £9.01 per hour
Weekend £11.13 - £11.26 per hour
Bank Holidays £13.36 - £13.51 per hour
Christmas / NY £17.82 -£18.02 per hour
Job ref: E291
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia has a clearly defined pay progression structure and provides ongoing training including nationally recognized qualifications. In addition, we also offer ongoing supervision and support, continuing professional development, as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Our Outreach Service supports individuals with an autism spectrum condition who live in their own homes, or with their families. You will help and encourage them to access community-based activities and work towards their individual goal plans. You will give support to gain and develop daily life skills, promote independence and help them engage in social activities. Each individual's outreach package and their hours are catered around the individual's needs and may include supporting during the day, evenings or weekends.
You will be a flexible, positive, energetic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working as part of a team of support workers and lone working. Your main duties will include.
* Accompanying service users on community-based activities and personal appointments
* Supporting individuals with daily life skills (cooking, cleaning, washing)
* Maintaining accurate records and supporting risk assessments for the service user
* Ensuring the quality of support given meets the identified needs
* Supporting colleagues to ensure a high standard of delivery, recognising positive achievements for service users, staff and individuals
We need people who share our passion for making a difference and although experience of working with autism would be valuable, it is not essential for this role as full training will be given.
* Ability to respond appropriately to a variety of demands- essential
* Ability to react with sensitivity and empathy - essential
* Ability to make decisions and encourage and motivate others - essential
* Ability to lone work and use your own initiative - essential
* Experience of working within care services or with individuals with autism - desirable
It is essential that the successful applicant holds a full driving license with the use of their own car.
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
* Extensive Induction and Learning & Development programmes, with nationally recognised qualifications;
* Job-related qualifications obtained during employment paid for by Autism Anglia (subject to conditions)
* 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
* Additional holiday based on length of service
* Flexible working hours (where possible) for study and time off given for job-related exams
* Employee Referral Scheme
* Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
* Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
* Support & encouragement to progress and reach full potential within your chosen career
* Pension scheme