I am currently working alongside an SEN school based in the Medway area. The school is a small provision that provides education to secondary aged pupils with SEMH (social, emotional, mental health) and those pupils struggling in a mainstream education setting. Having increased their pupil intake for September the school are looking to appoint a new teacher.
The school are currently looking for a highly motivated teacher who has experience of working in a behaviour support setting or similar to teach PSHE as their main subject but also covering core subjects. The school supports not just with the academic but also the social development of young people in their care, many of whom struggle with low confidence and self-esteem or engaging in social situations.
If you are a qualified teacher and have experience or feel confident in at least two of the following please get in touch:
* Sports coaching qualification or background
* Team Teach/SKIP, CPI, MAPA physical intervention training
* Experience supporting challenging behaviour with an out of school setting
* Emotionally robust
* Full Time Position
* From September 2021
* SEN Behaviour Mentor
* KS3, 4 & 5
* SEN - Social, Emotional Mental Health
* Rate from £150 - £200 per day
* Own Transport - Essential
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to register your interest for this position. All candidates will be subject to the necessary vetting and background checks. Relevant qualifications and experience will be highly beneficial, yet it will be your ability to build relationships and increase pupil attainment and sense of worth that will make you a success.
All candidates must:
* Be able to commit to working the hours specified above.
* Provide an enhanced DBS registered on the update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS be willing to apply for a new DBS. The cost of a DBS is a one-off payment of £40 with an annual subscription of £13 per year to the DBS Update Service.
* If you have been a UK resident for less than 5 years, a right to work visa must be provided and a criminal background check certificate must be provided for any country resided in for 6 months or more within the past 5 years.
* Provide all required documentation (ID, Qualifications)