I am currently working closely with an SEN school in the North West Kent location that are looking to appoint a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual who has the ability and skills to successfully work as part of a multidisciplinary team, teaching Computing and Creative Media to students in their specialist department with the possibility of some teaching in the main school.
The specialist department comprises of 30 very vulnerable students (from Years 9 - 15), who, whilst generally academically very able, cannot cope with pressure so need gentle encouragement in order to achieve their educational potential. You will be expected to collaborate closely with teachers, therapists and key workers and be flexible in your approach.
This role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. All the school's learners have EHCPs and as a school they are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. The school works towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
Position: Teacher of Computing & Creative Media
Hours: 08:00am - 16:00pm
Days: Monday - Friday (Term Time Only 39 Weeks)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
* Be able to teach Level 3 Creative media
* Be able to teach KS3 and KS4 Computing
* Qualified Teaching Status
* Work flexibly and cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team
* A commitment to understanding mental health difficulties
* Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
* Some understanding of SEMH
* Proactive, creative and innovative
* Emotionally robust and resilient
* Flexible, engaging and adaptable
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to register your interest for this position. All candidates will be subject to the necessary vetting and background checks. Relevant qualifications and experience will be highly beneficial, yet it will be your ability to build relationships and increase pupil attainment and sense of worth that will make you a success. Due to the rural location along with the possibility of supporting pupils offsite own transport is essential.
* Be able to commit to working the hours specified above.
* Provide an enhanced DBS registered on the update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS be willing to apply for a new DBS. The cost of a DBS is a one-off payment of £40 with an annual subscription of £13 per year to the DBS Update Service.
* If you have been a UK resident for less than 5 years, a right to work visa must be provided and a criminal background check certificate must be provided for any country resided in for 6 months or more within the past 5 years.
* Provide all required documentation (ID, Qualifications)