Science and Maths Teacher
Location: Cranborne, Dorset
Salary: £25,714-£40,124 (M1-UPS2)
Hours: 40 hours a week, Term Time Only
Closing date: 26th July 2021 at 9am
This College is a beautiful manor house that has been converted in to an exceptional college. Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty this College sits in 16 acres of listed gardens and a wider 50 acre campus, located in the Dorset countryside near the village of Cranborne. The college facilities include multi use sports areas, beautifully manicured gardens, a forestry school, in and outdoor therapy spaces, horticulture and animal care spaces, a motor vehicle workshop and much more.
The main purpose of the role:
To deliver high quality teaching and learning to young people aged 16 to 25 years with social and emotional difficulties, anxiety disorders and mental health needs. The focus is on increasing academic and vocational qualifications and knowledge, whilst achieving independent living skills that will equip young people for the next stage in their lives, be that further education, training or work. The students may present with challenging behaviours. This role will include teaching both BTEC Science and GCSE Maths.
Duties to include:
* To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
* To work collaboratively with other members of staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* To maintain and use short, medium and long term plans in delivering the curriculum.
* To set, monitor and review personalised targets that will optimise learning for each individual.
* To contribute to the review of Statements and EHC plans, PEP and LAC reviews.
* To provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
* To assist in the development of the curriculum offer.
* To maintain an overall awareness of current issues in the field of autism in order to be able to plan for effective teaching and learning.
* To manage a delegated budget as required.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Candidate qualities and qualifications:
* Essential: PGCE, QTS, Cert Ed or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
* To be able to teach BTEC in Science and GCSE Maths
* Desirable: Experience of working in a college environment, ideally in specialist education.
* Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
* Good teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Effective skills in planning, preparation, recording and reviewing students' progress.
* Good IT skills and understand of how IT can be used to support learning.
* Ability to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
* Proven ability to work on own initiative, be well organised, prioritise effectively and achieve results against deadlines.
* Ability to engage students in positive enabling relationships
What is on offer?
* Full training and continued support
* Life assurance and pension
* Health cash back plan
* Car lease scheme
* Bike to work scheme
* Perk box
* Free parking
* Teachers' Pension
For more information on this position, please contact Alisdair at Integritas
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion