TEXO Recruitment are delighted to be recuiting on behalf of our TEXO Engineering division for an Project Team Lead for a permanent role, to be based at our main office in Westill, Aberdeenshire.
Purpose of the Role:
The role of Project Team Lead is to manage and be responsible for a team of Project Managers and Project Engineers including Juniors involving the engagement and development of these people. To manage and oversee all live bids and live works from a high-level perspective, to ensure the implementation of the right processes and procedures from an enquiry stage through to project completion and to create new as an when required to suit business growth.
Area(s) of Responsibility:
Specific areas of responsibility of the Project Team Lead include formulating business and practical strategies, improving performance, monitoring adherence to processes and procedures and ensuring compliance. You are asked to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels and disciplines and be the Technical Lead for Projects.
To receive enquiries and requests for quotations and determine client requirements through the relevant processes and procedures, distribute duties to Project based Personnel making sure the client requirements are being met. Project delivery functions include delivery assurance, quality assurance, client delivery and relationship management.
The Project Team Lead will also need to manage and control the commercial aspects of all projects, ensure Projects Managers and Project Engineers are aware of the project costs at any given time, ensure variations are being controlled and being processed on time and client's acceptance are being tracked, push invoicing to be done in a timely manner and all projects close out task are complete.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage all Project enquires and their deadlines through the Project Teams and Tendering Engineer
* Ensuring all projects are running and operating as per TEXO processes and procedures
* Managing all Project Personnel and providing assistance as and when required and drive the TEXO code of conduct within an office and client environment
* High level management of all operation and commercial aspects of all projects
* Input into improving operational management systems, processes, and best practices
* Ensure compliance with rules and regulations and design philosophies
* Communicate job expectations within the team through planning, monitoring, and reviewing Job Descriptions
* Ensure all operations are carried out in an appropriate, cost-effective way
* Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability on projects along with Project Cost Manager
* Manage budgets and forecasts on all projects
* Perform quality controls checks and monitor production KPIs
* Create a structured link between all the Team Leads, Engineering & Design, and Fabrication
* Find ways to increase quality of customer service
* Ensuring the Management of Change process is relevant and being adhered too
* To enhance the reporting and closing out of jobs on a regular basis
* Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
* Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met
* Supporting the Operations Manager & Engineering Director on teams' vision and progressive ideals
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
* Ensuring staff working on processes have a high level of morale and operating efficiently
* Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to quality, customer service, or on-site installations
* Communicate customer issues with engineering and fabrication teams and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints, lessons learned etc.
* Assisting Operations Manager and Engineering director in the staff appraisal process
* Assist Operations Manager and Engineering director in preparation and maintaining of annual budgets
* Supporting all functions of the business to work together