TEXO Recruitment are delighted to be recuiting on behalf of our TEXO Engineering division for an Engineering Team Lead for a permanent role, to be based at our main office in Westill, Aberdeenshire.
Purpose of the Role:
The role of Engineering Team Lead is to manage and be responsible for a team of multidiscipline Engineers and Designers including Graduates and Juniors involving the engagement and development of these people. To manage and oversee all live bids and live works from a high-level perspective, to ensure the implementation of the right processes and procedures from an enquiry stage through to project completion and to create new as an when required to suit business growth. To supervise the day-to-day engineering and design activities, supporting the engineering team in a management and technical capacity where applicable. To manage engineering and design CTR deliverables, time writing coding and cost tracking. To maintain, update and add new codes and standards required within the Engineering division for the work being undertaken.
Area(s) of Responsibility:
Specific areas of responsibility of the Engineering Team Lead include formulating business and practical strategies, improving performance, monitoring adherence to processes and procedures and ensuring compliance. You are asked to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels and disciplines and be the Technical Lead for Engineers and Designers. To lead and manage a team of multiple discipline engineers and designers in the proper execution of engineering related activities for various projects.
To receive enquiries and requests for quotations and determine client requirements through the relevant processes and procedures, distribute duties to Engineering and Design based Personnel making sure the client requirements are being met. Project delivery functions include delivery assurance, quality assurance, client delivery and relationship management.
Involvement in detailed design calculations, preparation of engineering data sheets & specifications, all design and fabrication drawings and troubleshooting of design problems resulting from shop and field capabilities. Pre-award activities such as preliminary design, preparation of tender drawings and material take-offs, cost estimation of specialised material and equipment where more knowledge is held.
The Engineering Team Lead will also need to manage and control the commercial aspects of all contracts, ensure Engineers and Designers are aware of the project costs at any given time, ensure variations are being controlled and being processed on time and client's acceptance are being tracked, push invoicing to be done in a timely manner and all projects close out task are complete.
To provide and update software to the current capabilities and introducing new software that would potentially allow us to progress with the times. To front end with clients and handle queries and clarifications for the various engineering disciplines. To work closely with the Project Team Lead. Project Management and Engineering team and ensure proper execution of the engineering projects and elements of projects.
To manage the design issues with the sub-contractors and ensure compliance with the client design.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage all Engineering & Design enquires and their deadlines through the Project Teams and Tendering Engineer.
* Technical support for bid work, live work, training, and progression for staff personnel.
* Assistance with estimates by providing hours, resources and deliverables required for the scope of work.
* Feedback and management of Engineering norms to keep in line with the competitive market.
* Upkeep of company engineering / technical standards, software, procedures, team training and development.
* Overviewing and ensuring Engineering Team housekeeping of Technical Files and Project Folders in line with Company procedures.
* Ensuring all Engineering & Design projects are running and operating as per TEXO processes and procedures
* Managing all Engineering & Design Personnel and providing assistance as and when required and drive the TEXO code of conduct within an office and client environment
* Input into improving operational management systems, processes, and best practices
* Ensure compliance with rules and regulations and design philosophies
* Communicate job expectations within the team through planning, monitoring, and reviewing Job Descriptions
* Ensure all operations are carried out in an appropriate and cost-effective way
* Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability on projects along with Project Cost Manager
* Manage budgets and forecasts on all projects
* Perform quality controls checks and monitor production KPIs.
* Create a structured link between all the Team Leads, Engineering & Design and Fabrication
* Ensuring the Management of Change process is relevant and being adhered too
* To enhance the reporting and closing out of jobs on a regular basis
* Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
* Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met
* Supporting the Operations Manager & Engineering Director on teams' vision and progressive ideals
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
* Ensuring staff working on processes have a high level of morale and operating efficiently
* Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to quality, customer service, or on-site installations
* Communicate customer issues with engineering and fabrication teams and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints, lessons learned etc.
* Assisting Operations Manager and Engineering director in the staff appraisal process
* Supporting all functions of the business to work together
* Weekly summary report to Engineering Director and Operations Manager - to include overview of technical issues and how they were resolved. Deliverables met / not met. Hours utilised each week in line with budget. Project Documentation being maintained in line with company policy and procedures