About the company
Our client are a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for a wide range of merchants and partners. In fact, they operate in over 30 different countries, with 22,000 staff and in the last four years, have seen share prices rise by over five times! Their innovations and expertise drive growth for millions of companies - from ambitious start-ups to financial institutions and global enterprises.
About the Opportunity
As a Commercial Partner Manager, you will drive and support the strategic and commercial opportunity development of payment brand relationships, scoping out new opportunities and strengthening our commercial and value proposition. The Commercial Partner Manager will work and collaborate with cross functional teams, facing out to payment brands, you will play a key role in helping to accelerate growth and unlock opportunity in the market. This role offers an incredible opportunity to progress one's career in an exciting and ever-evolving industry. The role is a challenging one with lots of potential and you will have an opportunity to make your mark in a high impact environment. Our client have big ambitions and want you to help them achieve them. In return, they will empower you to make a difference
* Optimise payment brand performance through business reviews, identify additional business opportunities to increase revenue.
* Manage a weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadence with payment brands and report to key stakeholders.
* Successfully contribute to the strategy and objectives set out for the payment brand team - including but not limited to revenue targets and other financial KPI's and bring awareness to events that may impact the business.
* Cultivate and support the development of strong relationships with payment brands, identifying opportunities to enhance the merchant experience, achieve greater acceptance and create commercial value.
* Gain alignment with key internal stakeholders such as sales, compliance, customer solutions, and product team to help strengthen the companies value proposition.
* Develop an understanding of the regulatory landscape, operational procedures and practices.
* Ensure the ongoing communication of any card scheme mandatory changes relevant to the role or to the business and its internal stakeholders.
* Assist in the development of individual business cases to support the pursuit of new opportunities and drive consensus amongst stakeholders.
* Attend and participate in any company scheme forums/initiatives as required.
* Take an active role in understanding the companies value proposition and how that relates to payment brands and the wider payment landscape.
* Research and deliver cross functional workshops to develop a perspective on the business and emerging industry needs.
* 3+ years experience of driving commercial value from partnerships or relationships..
* Experienced in fostering collaboration in groups to facilitate information sharing and innovation between teams
* Able to contribute to the success of the team in addition to their own individual goals and objectives
* Curious about payments and technology solutions
* Driven and outcome focused but with a collaborative and empathetic approach
* Able to pivot when required and execute in a matrix environment
* Data insights driven, a dynamic problem solver, strategic thinker with outstanding instincts around product and customer solutions
* An advocate for the payment brand partnerships with a deep understanding of value added propositions
* Good at driving high impact projects or cross functional initiatives
* High energy, flexible mindset and works well under pressure
* A strong communicator, used to presenting to senior management audiences and capable of influencing outcomes Degree in relevant discipline, MBA preferred
* Minimum 3 years experience in a payment related field Schemes related experience a distinct advantage