Global Voices is a real commercial success story. We provide communications solutions that help thousands of organisations break into new and exciting new international markets. We are proud to work with some of the world's best-known brands; international government bodies with clients large and small from both public and private sector, worldwide.
Our bright, attractive offices are located in Stirling Innovation Park. One of Europe's most picturesque business centres, we have stunning views of the towering Wallace Monument and the surrounding heather-clad hills. We also have ample free parking available!
THE CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER
The role will be predominately based at our Head Office in Stirling, Scotland, UK working Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Collaborate in the definition of the Business and Technical Visions for the company.
* We need a candidate with an understanding of the big picture and an in-depth understanding of technology solutions and their contribution to driving value so that you can influence the strategic decisions of the company.
* Define new designs and architectures and ensure that development teams use the right technologies, patterns, and standards.
* Hands-on with prototyping and troubleshooting tasks
* Deliver technical projects in line with specifications/quality and timescales agreed
* Development and maintenance of bespoke business systems
* Development and maintenance of multi-language website Providing development support to multiple areas of the business
* Researching and recommending new technology
* Contribute to the development of the IT strategy
* Provide technical direction and leads on technical innovation
* Propose innovations for increased sales and potential new services or new customer groups
* Scope out technical requirements in conjunction with main stakeholders
* Define and propose technical solutions to meet changing business and customer needs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* 3+ years of experience in a similar role
* You'll have the ability to create a powerful and scalable architecture. The technology we develop needs to be able to grow as we grow.
* Direct exposure to an IT project management environment (ideally IPMA Level A qualified)
* Prior experience as Head of Technology/CTO at a rapidly growing or innovative medium-sized company where your work had a tangible impact on the development of the business.
* Degree educated in information technology, computer science, or related field. Master's degree level or above preferred.
* Organized, high energy, and results driven, capable of being a leader within the company.
* Superior problem-solving skills, ability to move quickly and assemble a team as needed to identify issues, root causes, and solutions.
* Vast exposure to technological leadership roles, with significant progression shown throughout your career.
* Detailed understanding of frameworks.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?:
* Fast, clear career growth and development within a rapidly scaling, highly entrepreneurial company.
* Private healthcare (length of service dependent).
* Private pension scheme.
* Competitive annual leave entitlement.
* Ample, free onsite parking.
* A colourful, vibrant, multi-cultural, progressive team and working environment.
* Dogs at work initiative